Scientists have confirmed that Coronavirus (COVID-19) can survive on door handles for up to NINE DAYS. As a result, there’s never been a better time to install the Purehold range of hygienic door handle covers, to help reduce the risk and spread of Coronavirus between door users.
The Purehold Anti-Bacterial Pull Door Handle Cover is a self cleaning cover that simply clips onto your existing pull handle and been tested and proved to kill Coronavirus, Vaccinia Virus and the H1N1 virus.
The door handle cover reduces cross-contamination from one user to the next, uses special silver ion technology to kill 99.9% of bacteria with the coating combats pathogens deposited onto the surface by users and then works continuously.
Each door handle cover provides protection against germs for up to six months and has a special indicator installed which will turn red when it needs to be replaced.
- Proven to kill Human Coronavirus and Vaccinia Virus (BS ISO Certified to ISO 22196 & ISO 21702).
- Proven in the lab to kill 99.9%1 of bacteria, using silver technology embedded into handle surface (independently tested to ISO 22196).
- Proven in the field to be 96.4%2 cleaner than standard door handles (independently tested).
- Can be fitted in less than 30 seconds and requires no tools or experience – it simply “clips” on over the existing door handle. CLICK HERE to watch our simple installation video.
- Will fit any cylindrical pull door handle with a diameter of 19mm, 20mm, 22mm or 25mm (these are the 4 most common in the UK).
- VHR Technology now comes as standard with all Purehold PULL, PUSH & LEVER handles!
- No chemicals or poisons – simply harmless silver ions.
- Can help improve hygiene and reduce costly staff sickness & disruption – The annual cost of a handle is less than the cost of even a single days’ basic salary at the Minimum Wage Rate.
- Lasts 6 months once fitted, with timestrip indicator to prompt replacement when needed.
- Extremely robust and sturdy, with no maintenance required.
- Stylish look to complement your existing door handles.
- Can be recycled.
How It Works
- Microbes are deposited onto the door handle by users.
- Silver ions (Ag) penetrate the cell membrane of the microbe.
- The ions suffocate the microbe and attack it’s DNA to prevent reproduction.
Common microbes found on door furniture include E-coli, Salmonella, Camplylobacteur and Staph Aureus.
They have been tested and proven effective against Human Coronavirus, Vaccinia Virus* and the H1N1 virus (tested to BS ISO Certified to ISO 22196 & ISO 21702).
*Vaccinia Virus is one of the hardest viruses to destroy using a biocide.
ISO 21702:2019 (measurement of antiviral activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces). Coating was shown to:
- Proven to Kill Human Coronavirus 229E
- Proven to Kill Vaccinia Virus
ISO 22196:2011 (measure of antibacterial activity on plastics and other surfaces). Coating was shown to:
- Kill 99.99% of E-coli
- Kill 99.99% of Staph Aureus
- Kill 98.6% of Salmonella
Field Trials :
- 3 door locations selected (Male toilet, female toilet and busy canteen)
- Stainless steel door handles provided benchmark
- 2 swabs taken from each door handle trialled
- 3 separate field trials undertaken
- Purehold Antibacterial coating showed to be 96.4% (on average) cleaner than stainless steel
Ideal for offices, schools, restaurants, leisure centres and more in environments where doors cannot be held open to prevent as limited surface-contact as possible.